2020 Administrator Recognition Award
Established in 2006 this award is given to the person who best exemplifies dedication and commitment to the support of their Residency Program and one who continually contributes to the overall management of their program.
The recipient should be someone who:
- Displays dedication of time and effort to the education of residency administrators in surgery
- Shows commitment to the education of peers through presentations or other active roles within the ARAS organization
- Demonstrates leadership in professional organizations related to graduate medical education
- Exhibits creativity, hard work, and enthusiasm within the individual’s residency program
- Models professionalism
- Demonstrates a strong interest in education while recognizing and encouraging others.
Criteria for submission:
- Nominee must be a residency administrator in Surgery
- Nominee must be a current member of ARAS
- Complete the nomination application and return prior to the deadline (October 11, 2017)
- Items that must be returned with completed nomination application included:
- CV (inclusive) (required)
- Letter from Program Director (required)
- Photo (required)
- Questions answered with specific examples (required)
- Letter from Resident(s) (optional)
Executive Committee members are not eligible for a period of four years following completion of their term.